25.6.11

Adorable Decorative Tiles



I am so excited about how these turned out.  I created these decorative tiles for my mom as it is her birthday today.  She loves birds and owls, so I chose vintage images from Graphics Fairy and transferred them onto tiles with my inkjet Lazertran paper.  The tiles were left overs given to me for various craft projects. 
Visit home improvement stores to see if they have discontinued tiles they could give away or hop on craigslist to see if anyone is giving away free tiles left over from remodeling projects.
After I decorated the tiles with glass paint and the images, I attached grosgrain ribbon with hot glue to the backs of the tiles so they can hang on the wall.  You can also place tiles on plate display holders and set them on counters or shelves.  I am a huge fan of iridescent blue glass paint, so I painted each tile with a layer of this paint for a more finished effect. 
You can download vintage images perfect for a bathroom (vintage images of mermaids?) or a kids room (ballerinas and fairies?) and do a mini art installation for a few dollars in paint, ribbon and tile.




Happy Crafting!

 

0 comments: