14.10.11

Giving Back - Helping Dogs in Need

A few weeks ago, I was teaching a class at House Wine and they were having a fundraiser to benefit Austin Dog Rescue.
I thought, surely I can contribute something to the cause, so I created a pair of wine glasses to raffle off that night, complete with a quote for dog lovers; "A dog is the only thing in the world that will love you more than you love yourself". 
We raised $180 in raffle ticket sales on top of the proceeds House Wine donated that evening.
After the fires around Austin, the dog rescue centers are a maximum capacity and even sending some dogs to foster homes.  They need help!
For just a few hours of my time, some dogs will get much needed food and shelter.  It was cool that one of the Emergency Fund volunteers won the glasses.

Big News- I am donating a hand painted lamp and set of wine glasses at the Third Annual Dogtoberfest on October 22! 

Craftivism in Action feels so good.  :-D

Happy Crafting!

0 comments: